Eat My Blog Recap: December 2009
The first-ever Eat My Blog charity bake sale raised $3,000 for the Los Angeles Regional Foodbank. Here are some highlights from the day:
The Eat My Blog planning committee, along with our chief supporter Vernon Chaplin, arrived at Zeke’s Smokehouse two hours before game time. Before the crowds rolled in, we did what needed to be done—platters were dolled up with cute wrapping paper, donated boxes were assembled, and each treat was given a hand-crafted name tag and price.
About an hour before showtime, we started to lay out the irresistible spread. Thirty-six square feet of surface area wasn’t enough to display all of the wonderful creations we received.
From bacon-wrapped bread sticks to butterscotch budino, the diversity, quality, and uniqueness of the treats on hand was phenomenal. Each participating blogger put a lot of heart, soul, and time into crafting a delight that would please the eye and rock the taste buds.
Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf served coffee and hot chocolate at the event, with all proceeds donated to the Foodbank. Kim of Ravenous Couple and H.C. of L.A. and O.C. Foodventures lent a hand to Ingrid, the barista on duty, throughout the day.
Thanks to the phenomenal turnout, over 1,000 baked goods were sold in under four hours!
The Eat My Blog committee would like to extend heartfelt thank yous to the Los Angeles food blogging community (a full list of participating bloggers here), Zeke’s Smokehouse, JS2 Communications, Los Angeles Times, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Challenge Dairy (the official butter sponsor of Eat My Blog), Kiss My Bundt, Vanilla Bake Shop, Susina Bakery, Joan’s on Third, 20th Century Fox, and last but certainly not least, everyone who came out to the bake sale and bought a treat or ten—we couldn’t have done it without you all.
Further reading about the first-ever blogger bake sale:
- B-Side Blog: “Eat My Blog” Charity Bake Sale a Rousing Success!
- Cafe Pasadena: Eat My Blog!!
- Delicious Coma: eat my blog
- Diana Takes a Bite: EAT MY BLOG: A (good) dream come true
- Dishing Up Delights: Eat My Blog Charity Bake Sale
- Eating LA: Baking goes bacon at Eat My Blog Saturday
- e*star LA: Eat My Blog Bake Sale at Zeke’s
- Food GPS: Eat My Blog Feeds Los Angeles Food Bank
- gas•tron•o•my: Eat My Blog: Doing Good Never Tasted So Delicious
- Gluten Freeways: Eat My Blog Charity Bake Sale
- mattatouille: Eat My Blog: A Bake Sale by Bloggers
- My Last Bite: EAT MY BLOG Charity Bake Sale!
- Rants & Craves: Eat My Blog Charity Bake Sale: The Ultimate Cure For The Bah Humbugs
- Uncouth Gourmands: Eat My Blog: Bake Sale for a Cause
- Yutjangsah: eat my blog bake sale: the day of the earth stood still